February 7th-9th: Foundations For Recall - Online Workshop
Join us for this three-day online, interactive workshop to learn and practice the foundations for recall.
The beginning steps to building a reliable recall involve intensifying your dog's attraction to you as the handler. First we will determine your dog's motivation. With puppies we start with high-value food. Older dogs can use food as well, but may graduate to a tug toy and tug-of-war as reward.
It's important to imprint puppies and dogs as soon as you can for the best recall possible. Even if you have a rescue dog with reactivity issues and you don't think he will ever be off-leash, it's good to practice recall for emergency situations.
Key topics for this online course will include:
- Basic steps to building off-leash or long-line recall
- How adding resistance increases attraction to the handler
- High-value foods
- High-value toys
- Tug as reward
- Engagement as reward
- Cue words/verbal commands
- Hide and Seek
- Adding distance and distraction
- Adding distractions at a distance
- Incremental success vs. monumental failure
This program includes:
- Live-lecture webinar to kick things off
- Many how-to videos with detailed instructions on technique
- A private Facebook group for you to share your experiences
- Troubleshooting any specific roadblocks that may come up for you and your dog
- How to fine-tune your techniques to get the most out of this training
- The benefit of community learning while training your dog from the comfort of your own home
- Option to upgrade and include a 30-minute phone consultation with the trainer
When: February 7th-9th
Where: This course takes place on Facebook, so you must be able to log onto this platform in order to participate.
You will have lifetime access to the video recording within a private Facebook group.
Please provide me with the email address you use to log into Facebook (you can add this to the notes of your order). Alternatively, you can friend me on Facebook and I will add you that way.
Each membership is good for one Facebook login; if you would like a group rate for your organization please contact me directly.
Please email Leah with any questions: email@example.com
Or you can call: 207-939-6210
Workshop only: $54.00
Workshop plus private consultation: $114.00
The general schedule for the course is Friday: 4:00-7:00 pm, Saturday 12:00-6:00 pm, and Sunday 12:00-6:00 pm. That means the Facebook group will be "active" during these times and we will be posting videos and tutorials in these approximate time frames. We will also be giving live lectures and available for questions. This does not mean you have to be in attendance during these times. You will have lifetime access to the group and videos so you can watch and practice at your own convenience. The cut-off time to submit your own videos for feedback will be Tuesday, February 11th at 12:00 pm.