March 6th and 7th: Canine Body Language and Bite Prevention Webinar
Would you like a better understanding of canine body language? Want to learn the best practices for preventing dog bites? Join us for this interactive, online lecture which will be a deep-dive into reading body language and staying safe around our canine companions.
A few of the key topics we will cover include:
- Reading your dog's body language and understanding basic nervous system responses
- Understanding how physical space, confinement, and restriction of movement (e.g. being on a leash) all play a part in your dog's emotional capacity
- How stress affects our dogs and different coping mechanisms they use to process their emotions
- How your dog's level of arousal can change his sociability
- Detailed "Do's and Don'ts" when interacting with dogs
- Setting boundaries with strangers and other humans who come into contact with your dog
- Coping with social pressure to have a "friendly dog"
- How to deal with on-leash greetings (or more precisely, how to avoid them)
Date: March 6th and 7th at 7pm EST.
This is a two-part presentation, part one will be presented on March 6th at 7pm EST, and part two will be given on March 7th at 7pm. Each webinar is approximately one hour long. These sessions will be interactive if you are able to join live, but you may also watch the presentation at your convenience. This course takes place on Facebook, so you must be able to log onto this platform in order to participate. You will have lifetime access to the video recording within a private Facebook group.
I will be organizing our Facebook group into learning units and giving you additional resources for further study if you are interested. The group will remain open for questions and discussions for one week after the webinars have been posted. After that, you are welcome to join my public group: Canine Core Community for further learning and questions you may have about body language and bite prevention.
Please provide me with the email address you use to log into Facebook (you can add this to the notes of your order). Alternatively, you can friend me on Facebook and I will add you that way. Please join the group at least one day prior to the start of the webinar, that way we can ensure that you will catch the live version of the webinar without hiccups.
Each membership is good for one Facebook login; if you would like a group rate for your organization please contact me directly.
Email Leah FMI or with any questions: email@example.com
Or you can call: 207-939-6210