We filled up our first class at Planet Dog! For those on the waitlist, we just added another session which will run from June 5th through July 3rd, Tuesdays from 7-8pm.
Once again, this class will give you the tools you need to start working with your dog's prey drive. Working with a dog's drive is the fastest way to create a harmonious relationship while also shaping obedience behaviors. Accessing a dog's drive can also help him to become more grounded and emotionally balanced--in some cases, it can even relieve the symptoms of trauma (reactivity).
So please join us, Portland dog lovers! You can stop by the store to sign up at 211 Marginal Way in Portland, or give them a call: 207.347.8606.
Here are the details:
When: June 5th through July 3rd (Five Tuesdays) from 7:00 to 8:00 pm
Where: Planet Dog Company Store at 211 Marginal Way in Portland
Who: Open to 6 dog and handler teams, dogs should be 5 months and older
What: Learning the foundations of Canine Core Method to work on obedience, sociability, reactivity, and bonding with owner
Why: To make happy dogs and happy owners!
Each five-week session costs $120.
We recommend having the following equipment:
- Cloth slip lead or martingale-style collar (so the dog cannot back-slip his collar)
- Harness (not a no-pull harness, just a regular walking harness)
- Bait pouch for food, something with a large mouth you can easily reach into
- Four-foot leash, since we will be working around other dogs
- Kibble for training sessions (small bite kibble works best) plus a chewy training treat mixed in (or just use cut-up hot dogs)
You can email me with questions, or give me a buzz on my cell: 207.939.6210. I am really looking forward to this class, and meeting some new furry faces!
Founder of Canine Movement Lab